What's Next

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2008 at 4:18 AM
Are there deficiencies in this project? Is there something you would like to see? What features would like? Just reply here.
Mar 3, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Does this project support the creation of Mileage Records?

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I'm not sure I understand the question. I don't believe Mileage Records are part of the QIF specification. Having said that, this API supports importing QIF files (to populate the DOM from an existing QIF file). You can then either Export() the results as a QIF file, or you can use the QIF DOM to extract whatever elements you need to create the output you require. Going with the latter option would mean you have to understand the output needs and develop accordingly (as this only exposes the transaction elements via the API [either imported or created manually]).

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I use 2 different banks and the way they structure their QIF files (number, payee & memo fields) is quite different, so I downloaded this API with a view to making them a more common format for importing into Quicken.  One thing I have noticed is that one of the banks puts the header !Type:Ccard instead of !Type:CCard in the credit card transactions - and the second lower case c means that the API does not recognise this format.  But it imports into Quicken 2007 without problem.  Other than modifying the QIF file manually - is there any way to make the headers case insensitive?