License Information

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Can this be used in PAID products, or it needs to be used in FREE ones only?

Are there any limitations/restrictions laid out by the license?

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM

First and foremost, I advise you seek a professional assessment of the license, as I cannot provide that. Setting that aside, the Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL) is the most compatible for all developer's needs. Depending on your needs, I am happy to provide licensing or written agreements allowing the use of this software in your applications, open source or proprietary, paid or free, by teams of any size (1+); however, the CDDL I selected should already allow this. If there are specifics in the license you (or your company) object to, I am open to negotiating details and providing a custom license. If you have company policies that prohibit the use of free software, I am open to providing a paid license. This should enable you use the software however you see fit, and I will never pursue any legal action against users, developers, or distributors; however, I will never allow the use of this software if I am to be held legally liable for the failure of the software.